Friday 7 March 2014

Emily Gravett

Wolves






I was particularly interested in Gravett when I discovered that she's won the Macmillan Prize with her book WOLVES in 2005. Of course this caught my attention because this is also the competition that I'm currently entering - let's hope I can do as good a job as she did. But after that I actually realised that not only is she an beautiful illustrator and children's book creator but also that she produced one of my most favourite books DOGS - you know what it's like, sometimes it doesn't always click until the answer is right in front of you!

After looking through her work I realised how inspiring she is to me - I adore her style of drawing, how it seems sketchy and detailed, two elements I personally have always really appreciated but not necessarily known how to put into my own work. The images are exquisite and the simplicity in writing is amazing superb! This is what I am trying to achieve myself so currently I am having to spend more time than I'd like on the written text. My images seem o be coming together and I'd like to start to bring the text into that. However, I can't until I have my text finished. 

Dogs





No comments:

Post a Comment